Cape Saint Blaize Negroni Gin Cocktail
A deep orange cocktail that tastes like herbs and licorice root with sweet and fruity notes!
Let’s take a look at what you’ll need…
Cocktail Mixing Glass - Using a mixing glass to stir a cocktail instead of shaking it lets you maintain its texture and viscosity while controlling the amount of dilution.
Bar Spoon - A bar spoon is a long-handled spoon used in bartending for mixing and layering of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic mixed drinks. Its length ensures that it can reach the bottom of the tallest jug or tumbler to mix ingredients directly in the glass.
Paring Knife - A paring knife is basically a mini knife with a small blade that offers greater versatility and precision. Paring knives are great for peeling and prepping citrus and other garnishes.
Julep Strainer - Julep strainers are so named because of their original purpose – they were designed for the drinker to put into their glass to hold back the crushed ice and mint while they drink their Mint Juleps.
Ingredients for the Negroni Cocktail
Ice – An ice sphere or large ice cube is preferred for this drink.
Cape Saint Blaize Classic Gin.
Campari – Has a bitter taste with some citrus flavors and spicey notes, like clove and cinnamon.
Sweet Vermouth – A wine that has been aromatized with a range of botanicals.
Fresh Orange Zest – The outermost layer of the peel known as the flavedo. This layer contains loads of natural oils that are full or flavour.
How To Make the Negroni Gin Cocktail
1. Fill your cocktail mixing glass with ice.
2. Add 25 ml Cape Saint Blaize Classic Gin, 25 ml Campari and 25 ml Sweet Vermouth to the mixing glass.
3. Stir until your mixing glass becomes cold to the touch.
4. Strain your cocktail through a julep strainer over an ice sphere or large cube into a tumbler.
5. Garnish, serve and enjoy!
Leroy's Tips and Tricks
· Ice preference - Sphere or large cube
· Glassware preference - Tumbler
· For a less bitter and rather sweeter Negroni, use Aperol instead of Campari.
· Taste test before serving and make adjustments if needed.