Cape Saint Blaize Bramble Gin Cocktail
Created in London, The Bramble is described as a fruity spring cocktail!
Let’s take a look at what you’ll need…
Cocktail Shaker - A must-have in your tool kit and used for most cocktails. It acts as a closed vessel that allows you to quickly and thoroughly mix ingredients together while chilling the drink at the same time.
Hawthorne Strainer - A Hawthorne strainer consists of a flat disc to which is affixed a coiled spring. The spring traps large chunks or slivers of ice and other solid ingredients, such as muddled fruit or mint leaves. Used in conjunction with a cocktail shaker.
Ingredients for the Bramble Cocktail
Ice – For that perfectly chilled cocktail.
Cape Saint Blaize Floristic Gin.
Lemon Juice – Just a bit to perk up this cocktail's flavor profile.
Monin Blackcurrant Syrup – Features a sweet, lightly bitter taste and an intensely dark color.
Cranberry Juice – Sweetened cranberry juice can be added. You can also use 100% cranberry juice (unsweetened), but you will need to add some simple syrup to the drink or it will be too sour.
Blackberries – 2 or 3 on a cocktail skewer.
How To Make the Bramble Gin Cocktail
1. Add 50 ml Cape Saint Blaize Floristic Gin, 37.5 ml Lemon Juice, 25 ml Monin Blackcurrant Syrup and 50 ml Cranberry Juice into your cocktail shaker.
2. Fill the shaker with ice.
3. Shake your cocktail for about 10 seconds to chill and blend all the ingredients.
4. Strain your cocktail through a hawthorne strainer into your cocktail glass filled with ice.
5. Garnish, serve and enjoy!
Leroy's Tips and Tricks
· Glassware preference - Collins glass
· Strain into glass filled with fresh ice.
· Add all ingredients to a blender with ice for a fresh frozen cocktail.
· Taste test before serving and make adjustments if needed.