Cape Saint Blaize Clover Club Gin Cocktail
Gin, raspberry and a cotton candy cloud in a glass, all the way from the 19th century!
Let’s take a look at what you’ll need…
Cocktail Shaker - A must-have in your tool kit and used for most cocktails. It acts as a closed vessel that allows you to quickly and thoroughly mix ingredients together while chilling the drink at the same time.
Hawthorne Strainer - A Hawthorne strainer consists of a flat disc to which is affixed a coiled spring. The spring traps large chunks or slivers of ice and other solid ingredients, such as muddled fruit or mint leaves. Used in conjunction with a cocktail shaker.
Fine Strainer - Often used in combination with a Hawthorne or Julep strainer as an extra precaution (double straining). They can be used to make drinks without the worry of herbs, small pieces of fruit pulp ruining their texture.
Ingredients for the Clover Club Cocktail
Cape Saint Blaize Floristic Gin.
Lemon Juice – Just a bit to perk up this cocktail's flavor profile.
Monin Raspberry Syrup – A taste of raspberries lingering somewhere between sweet and tart.
Aquafaba – This is the viscous water in which legume seeds such as chickpeas have been cooked. Due to its ability to mimic functional properties of egg, it can be used as a direct vegan friendly replacement.
Egg White – This adds viscosity and mouthfeel to cocktails and can also add an attractive foamy head. The amount of foam produced can be extenuated using a Dry Shake.
Raspberries – 2 or 3 on a cocktail skewer.
How To Make the Clover Club Gin Cocktail
1. Add 50 ml Cape Saint Blaize Floristic Gin, 12.5 ml Lemon Juice, 25 ml Monin Raspberry syrup and 25 ml Aquafaba or egg white into your cocktail shaker.
2. Dry shake.
3. Fill the shaker with ice.
4. Shake your cocktail for about 10 seconds to chill and blend all the ingredients.
5. Strain your cocktail using a hawthorne strainer through a fine strainer into your cocktail glass.
6. Garnish, serve and enjoy!
Leroy's Tips and Tricks
· Use a chilled glass.
· No ice needed for this cocktail.
· Glassware Preference - Coupe
· Taste test before serving and make adjustments if needed.